What is Divorce Coaching?
Divorce coaching provides you emotional support and an outside perspective on your relationship and your whole life when you are going through this challenging time.
The life-changing period a divorce brings can be used as a pivotal point to change your life and create it in the way you want it.
Divorce coaching does not provide you with legal advice.
Who Can Benefit from Divorce Coaching?
Divorce coaching is for couples going through a divorce, having doubts or are afraid of making this choice, and individuals who have a broken heart and struggle to move forward after divorce.
A divorce coach can work with one partner or both partners if they are willing to help each other in this transition period in a healthier way.
Why Do You Need Divorce Coaching?
Divorce often brings a lot of heartache, confusion, fear, anger, disappointment and guilt. It can turn your life upside down and leave you in a place where you will struggle to stand back on your feet and most importantly in believing love is not on the table for you.
Sometimes, some people are just not able to be together. This has to do with personality clashing, the inability to communicate their needs and desires, the lack of connection, wanting different things from life, having opposite goals or contradicting values and beliefs, and the list goes on.
When you are with a person with whom you are not compatible, your life can become unfulfilled and unhappy.
Other times, individual actions destroy the trust and intimacy in a relationship, such as cheating.
Taking some time to reflect on your personal life and your relationship can help you understand the reasons for the relationship to end.
After a broken relationship, you will need some time to assimilate and understand why things didn’t work out. You will need to take responsibility for your contribution or the lack of it. Not to duel on it, but to learn from it.
How Can Divorce Coaching Help?
Divorce coaching gives you the emotional support and understanding to let go of your past relationship and start living your life the way you want it.
Divorce coaching can help you to:
- Deal with overwhelming feelings and emotions
- Process your emotions about your ex and your past relationship in a healthy way
- Understand the reasons for your breakup
- Accept that the relationship came to an end
- Heal from the breakup and move on quicker with your life
- Address the pain you are feeling and move forward. You will learn to recognise it and release it.
- Understand your needs and desires
- Have a more positive mindset
- Start taking care of yourself
- Recognise who you are again
- Go through the divorce process more calmly with a straight mind
- If you have children, adjust to a new co-parenting lifestyle and set boundaries regarding your ex, the children and you.
- Set personal goals
- Plan for your future life and relationships
- Identify your perfect partner
- Open yourself to the idea of dating again
What Can You Expect from Divorce Coaching?
Dealing with a divorce can consume all of your energy and leave you feeling exhausted to do anything else. We support you in recognising your pain, but we don’t encourage you to stay there. The only way is to move forward. Divorce coaching will give you the encouragement to continue with your life and do everything better next time.
We will explore what happened in your relationship. How did you contribute to it and how did your ex/partner contribute to it. We won’t blame anyone, but learn to see what happened, so we can modify your behaviour and understand who can be a more compatible partner for you in the future.
You will learn:
- About yourself
- To recognise what choices are healthy for you
- What qualities are important for you in a partner
- About your negative patterns in relationships
- To reflect on your behaviour and how it impacts others
- To let go of the future you imagined with your ex
- Strategies to achieve your goals
- To recognise and express your feelings and emotions
- Recognise your boundaries
- A plan to achieve your goals
Divorce coaching will reassure you of knowing your relationship is over. You will know that breaking up was the right decision, and it’s time to move on.
Your coach will provide you with guidance and an unbiased perspective throughout the whole process. A coach will help you navigate the unknowns through your divorce process. They won’t tell you what to do but will help you become aware of your options in your situation, so you make more educated decisions.
How Long Will It Take to Achieve Your Goals?
The number of sessions will depend on the emotional progress we made and how ready you are to start implementing change. Going through a divorce and moving on afterwards can be a very emotional experience. Sometimes, you may not feel as motivated to start making changes, and that’s ok. We will manage the sessions as you need.
The time of the program depends on the progress you made. for example, we could go through the 3 coaching stages in around 3 months, or it could take us up to 6 months. The most important thing is not the time but the long-lasting progress you will make.
4 sessions of 1.5 h each
- Identifying the feelings and emotions you are experiencing
- Detaching emotions from decisions you need to make
- Getting to know who you are, what you want from life and relationships
- Knowing your core values and beliefs
- Understanding what love means to you
- Knowing how you love and how you like to be loved
- Valuing what you like and making yourself a priority
6 sessions of 1.5 h each
- Working on the emotions you experience regarding your ex and your past relationship
- Practicing self-love and self-compassion
- Defining who your ideal partner is
- Knowing what traits to look for in a partner
- Setting your relationship goals and see how they fit into your life
- Making a plan where you would focus on getting the life you want, including the right partner
- If you have children, we will also make a plan to include the new dynamic for co-parenting
8 to 11 sessions of 1.5 h each
- Learning to give and receive love
- Understanding what type of love you need
- Learning your boundaries in relationships
- Identifying the deal breakers for you
- Knowing what you can deal with in a relationship and what is out of the question
After completing the 3 stage process, the sessions can continue on an ongoing base, depending on your progress so far. You may find that your life is starting to unroll beautifully, but now and again, you will need a little guidance to keep on track. In these situations, you can book a session to deal with a specific issue before it turns into a problem. As well as to keep you on track with your goals, having a review now and then can work wonders.
How Much Does Compatibility Coaching Cost?
How Do I Get Started?
An introductory session will cover and answer all your questions
HAVE A BURNING ISSUE?
Any questions? – Send us a message!