COMMUNICATION IN YOUR LONG-DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP
Sometimes, it can be hard to say what you mean in a way that your partner understands what you want to say. Miscommunication often leads to arguments, and fights resulting in emotional distance.
In an LDR you are already having physical distance to deal with, any emotional distance compromises your whole relationship.
Using this workbook you will get a chance to talk about difficult topics and establish how and when you need to communicate to maintain emotional closeness.
- An overview of good communication in a relationship
- Common communication problems in an LDR and their solutions
- Communication mistakes LDR couples make and how to avoid them
- A guide on how to work on every aspect of your communication
- Examples, ideas, questions and exercises for you and your partner to improve your communication
- On the last page you will find our direct email
- We’ll be happy to answer any questions, so you know you are not alone
Here’s a sneak preview…
IS THIS WORKBOOK FOR YOU?
- Is your relationship not working, you don’t know why and you don’t know how to talk about it?
- Do your everyday conversations frequently end into arguments?
- Do you feel unheard and misunderstood and you don’t know how to bring it up?
- Do you feel discouraged when you try talking to your partner about your relationship problems, but he/she doesn’t see them as issues and ignores them?
- Does your partner act defensively when you bring up the issues, leaving you feeling lost and disheartened?
- Do you find that your attempts to solve these problems turn into arguments and you feel frustrated because you don’t know how to handle it?
- Do you feel like giving up because nothing you tried has made a difference and you really need a resolution?
HOW TO USE THIS WORKBOOK
- This is a fillable pdf, so type your answers directly on your computer
- Make a copy of the workbook and share it with your partner
- Work on it together when you see each other
- Fill it in separately and compare your answers
The questions in this workbook have been selected by professional coaches based on years of experience helping couples and individuals alike. As you progress through this workbook, you will explore various aspects of your relationship and uncover how healthy your relationship really is.
- Become aware with the way you and your partner are communicating.
- Know if you and your partner are ok with the means and frequency of your communication.
- Get to implement some effective communication techniques to help you communicate better, express yourselves and hear each other.
- Cover all aspects of communication in your relationship as you would during a coaching session
- Work in your communication problems so you can fix other issues in your relationship that come as a result of poor communication
- Develop effective communication to create a stronger emotional connection.
- You will talk about your preferences for the means and frequency of your communication.
- Together with your partner you will discuss topics that you wanted to talk about but didn’t know how to bring them up.
You will agree on:
- How you communicate.
- How often you talk.
- How long your conversations last.
- Your topics of conversation when you are together and when you are apart.
- You will have a list of topics to discuss.
- You will feel more comfortable bringing up sensitive topics.
- You will learn to communicate in a way that you can build a healthy relationship without unnecessary arguments.
- You will be able to handle disagreements in a loving way.
NOW IS YOUR CHANCE TO DO BETTER!
- Click below to buy this workbook.
- After you make a payment, you will receive a workbook pdf via an email.
- Make sure to save the file on your computer before you begin working with it and save any changes as you progress.
This workbook is the next best thing after a coaching session!
But, if you would like a coaching session, here are the options.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is communication important in a long-distance relationship?
Effective communication is how you can express yourself, understand your partner, and work out issues in your relationship. In a long-distance relationship, communication is even more important than in a regular one, because most of your relationship is communication. So it’s essential to have effective communication.
What is effective communication in a long-distance relationship?
Effective communication in a long-distance relationship is your ability to talk to your partner in a way that you understand each other.
To reach this understanding, both you and your partner need two skills expressing yourself clearly and listening to each other. To have a healthy and successful long-distance relationship, you have to be able to reach this understanding predominantly through online means.
Why is effective communication important in a long-distance relationship?
Effective communication allows you to maintain a healthy relationship even when you are physically apart. Poor communication creates confusion that leads to unnecessary arguments.
What are some communication problems in a long-distance relationship?
Lack of communication
Will this workbook really help me?
If you can see certain issues in your relationship but your partner is avoiding to talk about it through the questions in this workbook you can bring these issues in a neutral way. Through these questions you will be able to bring up the issue that will seem to your partner that they are coming from a specialist and not from you. This helps when your partner has negative emotions towards you or your situation that causes them act defensively, rejecting everything you say just because it’s coming from, you despite of what you are trying to say.
How exactly will this workbook improve my LDR?
This workbook will give you clarity and help you see if you and your partner are on the same page in your relationship. It will help you discover if you have the same goals. If you do, the next thing would be to do a plan and a timeline to achieve them, and if you don’t, then you know it’s time to move on from this relationship.
Do I really need this workbook to improve my relationship or can I do it by myself?
This workbook has been put together by professional coaches with years of experience. It will guide you through the difficult topics that could be difficult to bring up on your own, yet are necessary if you are to have a healthy and successful relationship.
LONG-DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP – COMPLETE GUIDE
This is your COMPLETE GUIDE to help you create a healthy, happy and successful Long-Distance Relationship.
Here, you will learn about yourself and your ideal partner to check how compatible you are. You will also get to explore your current relationship, assess what problems you have and how to fix them.