Table of Contents
What Is Polyamorous Relationship Coaching?
Polyamorous relationship coaching is a goal-oriented approach for couples that are exploring the idea of creating a love relationship with multiple partners.
A polyamorous relationship involves three or more people who are open, understanding, trust each other and have developed a physical and emotional intimacy. A polyamorous relationship can be casual or serious. It can be a short-term relationship, or it can last a long time.
A polyamorous relationship can be an amazing experience that is fun, exciting and diverse. To make it work, you need to have great communication, trust, understanding and openness.
At a practical level, a polyamorous relationship is an exclusive relationship to the specific people involved. At a deeper level, it requires an inclusive mindset with inclusiveness comes the idea of sharing, being together and caring for all partners involved.
There are specific problems that may manifest from being with more than one partner, coaching can help you solve any issues that may be presenting in your relationship.
Who Can Benefit from Polyamorous Relationship Coaching?
Polyamorous relationship coaching helps couples that are thinking of entering into a relationship with more partners and polyamorous partners who are already in a polyamorous relationship to solve any doubts, concerns, or issues they may have and achieve specific goals for their relationship.
Why Do You Need Polyamorous Relationship Coaching?
Friendship is the foundation for a polyamorous relationship. Before starting a polyamorous relationship you need to understand the concept of jealousy and ownership. Because being romantically involved with more than one person requires a different mindset than being in a monogamous relationship.
A polyamorous relationship is not adding one more person to a monogamous relationship. It is a completely different approach to what it means to be in a relationship and to share your life with others.
Before you get into a polyamorous relationship you should also consider the social norms and how important they are for you. Consider if you can easily talk about this type of relationship with your friends and family. Would you be comfortable being with more than one person and sharing your time, space and finance?
You all need to make sure not to start a polyamorous relationship only for sex reasons or just because you want to have a threesome.
Being in an open relationship can be hard to navigate when jealousy, insecurities, money and time management issues develop. Solving problems that involve more than 2 people can be fairly complex, getting professional help is the healthiest option for everyone involved.
How Can Polyamorous Relationship Coaching Help?
Polyamorous relationship coaching can help you explore your reasons for wanting to be or already being in this relationship. We will explore everybody’s expectations, set boundaries and agree on what everyone is happy with.
If you are already in a polyamorous relationship, we will identify whether your relationship doubts, fears or concerns are objective or not. Coaching can also help you address any issues you may have in your relationship and address them to create a happier and healthier relationship.
During the process, you should also consider the possibility that you may not be able to solve some of your problems and you will face
- A choice of working out your issues
- A realisation that this relationship is no longer working for you and you have different values and want different things for your future. In this case, you may decide to end the relationship
What Can You Expect from Polyamorous Relationship Coaching?
Polyamorous relationship coaching provides a safe space where you can share your feelings and desires without being judged. Polyamorous relationship coaching can help you identify and address doubts, concerns and issues in your relationship. Your coach will provide you with guidance and an unbias perspective.
Your relationship coach will help you build trust and understanding in your relationship so that you can express your feelings and needs freely.
In a polyamorous relationship is important you all treat each other equally, and feel comfortable and unrestricted in expressing your thoughts, doubts, feelings and concerns. While knowing you have been understood without the fear of being judged.
Keeping this openness all the time can be difficult, and it is here where coaching can help you.
Polyamorous relationship coaching can help you to:
- Know the reason you want to be with other people in the first place, what you are looking for and what you expect
- Talk to your partner about the needs you cannot satisfy with your current relationship and the ones that are satisfied by another partner(s)
- Get clear if you are looking for physical or emotional fulfilment
- Set clear boundaries
- Respect those boundaries
- Consider each other’s feelings at all times
- Decide if you will all meet up and if you would all date together
- Decide on the level of intimacy you are comfortable with each person.
- Work on insecurities, jealousy, and triggers in your relationship
You will learn to:
- Have a good balance between all partners without a hierarchy
- Have strong feelings, good communication, understanding, and a deep bond with your partners
- Enjoy the time with your partners
- Have open and honest communication
- Build trust and intimacy
- Deal with any issues that arise in a healthy way
- Consider the time you will spend all together/separately
- Consider the resources you will all allocate to the relationship
- Agree to safe sex practices
- Manage any jealousy as soon as it arises
- Decide how open you will be with others about the unique nature of your relationship especially if there are children involved
- Regularly review the dynamic of your relationship with your partners and how they interact among themselves
How Long Will It Take to Achieve Your Goals?
The number of sessions depends on how deep you would want to dive in.
6 sessions of 1.5 h each
- Identify the reasons and expectations for you to be in a polyamorous relationship
- Identify your doubts, concerns and issues about the polyamorous relationship
- Discuss any current issues you have in your relationship
6 sessions of 1.5 h each
- Assess how your polyamorous relationship is going to work
- Agree what works for all of you
10- 14 sessions of 1.5 h each
This stage depends on the finding of stages 1 and 2. Address the issues, gain clarity, resolve problems, and set goals and realistic expectations. Here, we will address everything that requires attention for you to have a healthy and happy relationship.
- You will work on understanding each other, your insecurities and limitations so that they don’t become the source of relationship problems
- Our second focus is learning to establish boundaries, build trust, and intimacy, communicate better and handle conflict healthily
Stage 4. Varies in time
If you would want to work on the issues we encounter and practice different ways to improve your communication and gain a deeper connection, then another 8 to 10 sessions may do the job.
This stage will depend on your findings. Some couples may discover that they have deeper problems that need more time to be addressed and resolved. Other couples may find out that they don’t want the same things. As well as couples who may be in the relationship for the wrong reasons or have unrealistic expectations.
How Much Does Open Relationship Coaching Cost?
How Do I Get Started?
- Book an introductory session where we will assess your situation to see how we can best help you solve your problems and achieve your goals.
- Chose a program to work on specific area of your relationship or book the next one-off session to explore your situation in more detail.
- You will be assigned one person who will look after you throughout your journey with us.
- Once we identify a particular issue, you will see a more specialised coach for some of your sessions.
BOOK YOUR COACHING SESSION
Transform your relationship into a passionate and unbreakable bond with the help of our expert couples coaching.
Let’s embark on this journey together and make love last a lifetime.